APS : Monday, 02 March 2020
ALGIERS – US Assistant Secretary of State for Political-Military Affairs Clarke Cooper on Monday in Algiers expressed the willingness of the United States to working with the new Algeria in partner.
“This is an honour for me to be here in Algeria, the new Algeria. I am here today with many colleagues, who are looking to work in partner with the new Algeria,” Cooper told the press following his meeting with Foreign Minister Sabri Boukadoum, considering the main fields of this bilateral cooperation, notably the industry.
In this regard, the US official voiced the hope to see the promises of President Abdelmadjid Tebboune and the new Government materialize, insisting on the support of his country on this path “we will take together.”
As for him, Boukadoum said that the United States are a “major partner” for Algeria, hoping for this “relation to grow further in the future.”
The foreign minister said that Cooper had insisted, during this meeting on the United States’ willingness to consolidate its relations with Algeria in all the fields.”
Several questions related to the bilateral cooperation in all the fields have been examined during the meeting, he said, adding a “particular” interest in given to the sector.
- UNGA: Process of building new Algeria continues resolutely under leadership of President Tebboune
- (Français) Les efforts de l’Algérie pour régler les crises internationales salués
- Lamamra holds talks with Chinese counterpart
- Lamamra received, in New York, by East Timor’s President
- Algerian diplomacy regains position, says President Tebboune