APS : Tuesday, 27 September 2016
ALEXANDRIA- Algerian films ” L’étoile d’Alger” (The Star of Algiers) by Rachid Benhadj and “Un métier bien” (A Good Job) by Farid Bentoumi were awarded at the 32nd Mediterranean Countries Film Festival of Alexandria (Egypt) which wrapped up Monday, said the Egyptian press.
Competing in the category “Nour Cherif,” the feature film “The Star of Algiers” (2016) received the prize of the “best artwork” while the short film “A good Job” won the special jury prize of its category.
The Prize of the best feature film went to “Food and shelter” from Spain, while the Prize of the best short film was given to the Egyptian film “Selfie.”
About fifteen films from 29 countries, including Algeria, were competing in this edition organized under the theme “Cinema and resistance,” honouring the Algerian Revolution through the screening of several films including Gillo Pontecorvo‘s “The battle of Algiers” and Ahmed Rachedi’s “Colonel Lotfi.”
- (العربية) 5 جويلية الذكرى الستون لعيد الإستقلال تاريخ مجيد و عهد جديد
- President Tebboune kicks off Mediterranean Games 2022 in Oran
- Lamamra receives UNWTO Secretary General
- President Tebboune holds one-on-one meeting with Emir of the State of Qatar
- MG Oran 2022: Turkish Vice-President Fuat Oktay in Oran to attend opening ceremony