APS : Tuesday, 27 September 2016
ALEXANDRIA- Algerian films ” L’étoile d’Alger” (The Star of Algiers) by Rachid Benhadj and “Un métier bien” (A Good Job) by Farid Bentoumi were awarded at the 32nd Mediterranean Countries Film Festival of Alexandria (Egypt) which wrapped up Monday, said the Egyptian press.
Competing in the category “Nour Cherif,” the feature film “The Star of Algiers” (2016) received the prize of the “best artwork” while the short film “A good Job” won the special jury prize of its category.
The Prize of the best feature film went to “Food and shelter” from Spain, while the Prize of the best short film was given to the Egyptian film “Selfie.”
About fifteen films from 29 countries, including Algeria, were competing in this edition organized under the theme “Cinema and resistance,” honouring the Algerian Revolution through the screening of several films including Gillo Pontecorvo‘s “The battle of Algiers” and Ahmed Rachedi’s “Colonel Lotfi.”
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister
- Lamamra calls for strengthening Algeria’s role to achieve peace
- Lamamra, Jordanian counterpart hold phone conversation on situation in Arab region