APS : Sunday, 23 October 2016
BOURGONGNE (France)- Algerian documentaries “Contre-pouvoirs” (Checks and Balances) by Malek Bensmail and “H’na Barra” (We, Outside) by Bahia Bencheikh El Fegoun and Meriem Achour Bouakaz, will compete at the 16th Lumieres d’Afrique Festival, to be held from 5 to 13 November in Besancon (east of France),
said the event’s organizers.
The two documentaries will compete in the section of the documentary feature films alongside eight other productions from Nigeria (Boko Haram, 2016), Morocco “Tisseuses de rêve” (Dream Weavers, 2015) and from Burkina Faso (Captain Thomas Sankara, 2014), among others.
Screened in 2015 at the 13th Cinematographic Meetings of Bejaia, “Checks and Balances” has already participated in Festivals in Switzerland, Italy, United States of America and France and it was awarded at the 27th Arab Film Festival of Fameck.
“We, Outside” has participated notably at the International Festival of Amiens Film (France) and at the 4th Cinematographic Days of Algiers where it snatched the special Prize of the jury.
- Boukadoum reaffirms Algeria’s unconditional support to Palestinian people
- President Tebboune congratulates Guterres for his re-election as UN Secretary General
- Antalya Diplomacy Forum: Boukadoum takes part in two debates
- (Français) Forum économique algéro-libyen et Foire des produits algériens destinés au marché libyen: Cérémonie en l’honneur des organisateurs
- Belhimer: Algeria attaches particular importance to media role in defense of Arab questions