APS : Monday, 25 April 2016
MONTREAL (Canada)- Algerian filmmakers Merzak Allouach, Lotfi Bouchouchi and Hassen Ferhani won the major awards in three sections of the 32nd International Film Festival Vues d’Afrique, in Montreal, which wrapped up Sunday evening, according to the event’s website.
“Madame Courage”, by Merzak Allouach (2015), won the first award of the international fiction section and “Le Puits” (The Well), by de Lotfi Bouchichi (2015), received the first award of “Africa Connection” section.
Documentary “Fi Rassi Rond-point” (Roundabout in my Head, 2015), by Hassen Ferhani, got the Oif Award of Feature-Length Film, one of the two distinctions intended for documentary sections.
Movies from 33 African, European and American countries, including the Caribbean, have participated in this 32nd Montreal international film festival, opened April 18th.
- President Tebboune sends message to Emir of State of Kuwait
- President of Republic sends message to Custodian of Two Holy Places of Islam
- Algeria expresses solidarity with Chad following serious road accident
- Algeria-Mauritania: 1st Joint Security Committee in Nouakchott
- (Français) Lamamra reçoit le président l’Assemblée nationale palestinienne