APS : Sunday, 26 February 2017
ALGIERS- Sudanese ambassador to Algeria Issam Aouadh Metouali hailed Sunday, in Algiers, the significant role of Algeria and of its former ambassador to UN Idriss Jazairy in the lifting of the American sanctions on his country.
“The American sanctions wouldn’t have been lifted without the efforts of Sudan and some brotherly countries, notably Algeria,” said the Sudanese ambassador in a press conference at the Forum of “El Hiwar” paper, led by the executive director of Geneva Centre for Human Rights Advancement and Global Dialogue and special rapporteur of UN Human Rights Council in charge of negative impact of the unilateral coercive measures on the enjoyment of human rights Idriss Jazairy.
Metouali extended his thanks to the Algerian authorities, especially by Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation Ramtane Lamamra and former Algerian diplomat Idriss Jazairy, for their role in lifting these sanctions.
In a conference devoted to the “efforts of the ambassador Idriss Jazairy for the lifting of American economic sanctions on Sudan,” the Sudanese ambassador underlined that Jazairy “in addition to his talent and experience in diplomacy, made the logic prevail in the negotiations with the USA for the lifting of sanctions on Sudan.”
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya
- Mr. Attaf received by President of the Republic of Sierra Leone in Equatorial Guinea
- Minister ATTAF holds talks with his counterpart from the Republic of Equatorial Guinea
- Mr. Attaf receives phone call from Tunisian, and Mauritanian counterparts and meets Libya’s FM in Equatorial Guinea
- Mr Attaf holds talks with his Congolese counterpart in Equatorial Guinea