APS : THURSDAY 28 JANUARY 2021
ALGIERS-Minister of Foreign Affairs Sabri Boukadoum on Thursday held a phone call with his Russian counterpart Sergueï Lavrov, with whom he discussed several regional issues of common interest.
The Algerian top diplomat twitted that he held a phone call Thursday with his Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov, with whom he discussed the fight against the coronavirus pandemic and the availability of the Russian vaccine Sputnik V, as well as regional issues of common interest, including the situation in Libya and Western Sahara”
Russia’s FM said in a communiqué that he exchanged views with his Algerian counterpart on the situation in Western Sahara, reaffirming the principled position of settling this long-running conflict in accordance with international law, reported the Russia Today website.
The two officials also affirmed their support for the coordination of the international community’s efforts to contribute to the development of inter-Libyan dialogue, with the participation of the effective political forces in the country, in accordance with Security Council Resolution 2510, said the source.
They exchanged views on cooperation between Russia and Algeria as part of the implementation of the decisions of the Russia-Africa Summit held in Sochi in October 2019.
- UNGA: Process of building new Algeria continues resolutely under leadership of President Tebboune
- (Français) Les efforts de l’Algérie pour régler les crises internationales salués
- Lamamra holds talks with Chinese counterpart
- Lamamra received, in New York, by East Timor’s President
- Algerian diplomacy regains position, says President Tebboune