APS : Sunday, 16 October 2016
ALGIERS- Algeria will host in 2017 an exhibition devoted to the Spanish plastic arts and will see the creation of a joint musical troupe as part of the Algerian-Spanish cooperation, announced Minister of Culture Azzedine Mihoubi.
The “rich” dialogue between Algeria and Spain will result, in 2017, in the organization, in Algeria, of an exhibition devoted to the Spanish plastic arts and the creation of a joint musical troupe which will highlight the musical heritage of the two countries, said Mihoubi following his talks with Spanish Secretary of State for Culture José Maria Lassalle, as part of the celebration of the 400th anniversary of the death of Spanish writer Miguel de Cervantes.
Algeria will also benefit, as part of the bilateral cooperation, from the experience of Spanish experts in the restoration of historic sites, he added.
The two sides broached the famous portrait of mujaheeda (war veteran) Djamila Boupacha made by Pablo Picasso.
The Spanish official said that a rich programme of cultural activities is scheduled for the forthcoming months, notably in the field of cinema, libraries and restoration of historic sites.
On this occasion, Lassalle received several books and a mosaic painting.
- UNGA: Process of building new Algeria continues resolutely under leadership of President Tebboune
- (Français) Les efforts de l’Algérie pour régler les crises internationales salués
- Lamamra holds talks with Chinese counterpart
- Lamamra received, in New York, by East Timor’s President
- Algerian diplomacy regains position, says President Tebboune