APS : Wednesday, 22 February 2017
ALGIERS- A South African cultural week will be held in Algiers, Bouira, Tipasa and Boumerdes from 24 February to 4 March.
The programme of the cultural event, the first of its kind in Algeria, comprises exhibitions, film screenings and concerts.
Mandela’s Gun (2016), a biopic by British film director John Ivrin, on the military training of the leader of antiapartheid struggle Nelson Mandela in Algeria and Ethiopia, and “The dreams of Sharazad” (2014), a documentary by South African François Vester, on the recent political events in the Maghreb and the Middle East, will be screened during this week.
The South African jazz band “Mi Casa” and the dance and music troupe “Marimba Vibrations” as well as singer and poetess Busiswa will enthral the audience over the week-long cultural event.
It will be an opportunity to discover South African craft products through the different exhibitions that will be held in the four cities.
The event’s programme also includes a conference on the life of Oliver Tambo (1917-1993), a political leader and antiapartheid activist.
- (Français) Lamamra reçoit le président l’Assemblée nationale palestinienne
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie