APS : Monday, 27 February 2017
ALGIERS- South African band “Marimba Vibrations” gave Sunday night in Algiers a concert of traditional dances and songs.
Organized at the Ibn-Zeydoun Theatre as part of the South African cultural week in Algeria, the show was an opportunity for the Algerian public to discover the “Marimba”, an African percussion musical instrument, very widespread in Latin America.
Composed of six members including two dancers, the band has performed several songs, accompanied by traditional dances, including “Pata Pata”, a hit of the South African ethno-jazz singer Mariam Makeba, in addition to songs like “Wedding” or “Malaika.”
Founded in 2010, “Marimba Vibrations” is interested in traditional African music and jazz. The band evokes in its songs youth and the trials of life in general.
Inaugurated on Friday, the cultural week of South Africa in Algeria continues until March 4 in Algiers, Bouira, Tipaza and Boumerdès.
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (Français) Le ministre de l’Intérieur Ivan Demerdjiev a tenu une réunion de travail avec S.E. Mme Baya Bensmail, Ambassadeure d’Algérie en Bulgarie
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée