APS : Monday, 27 February 2017
ALGIERS- South African band “Marimba Vibrations” gave Sunday night in Algiers a concert of traditional dances and songs.
Organized at the Ibn-Zeydoun Theatre as part of the South African cultural week in Algeria, the show was an opportunity for the Algerian public to discover the “Marimba”, an African percussion musical instrument, very widespread in Latin America.
Composed of six members including two dancers, the band has performed several songs, accompanied by traditional dances, including “Pata Pata”, a hit of the South African ethno-jazz singer Mariam Makeba, in addition to songs like “Wedding” or “Malaika.”
Founded in 2010, “Marimba Vibrations” is interested in traditional African music and jazz. The band evokes in its songs youth and the trials of life in general.
Inaugurated on Friday, the cultural week of South Africa in Algeria continues until March 4 in Algiers, Bouira, Tipaza and Boumerdès.
- Lamamra, Jerandi discuss epidemiological situation in phone conversation
- Lamamra-Di Maio phone talks on key partnership-related events
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister