APS : Sunday, 20 March 2016
TRONDHEIM (Norway)- The feature film “Maintenant, ils peuvent venir” (Let Them come) by Algerian Salem Brahimi won the New Directors Award at Kosmorama Trondheim International Film Festival 2016,
held from 8 to 13 March in Trondheim, Norway, said local press.
The Algerian-French coproduced film, released in 2015, competed with eleven other films from 20 countries.
Based on a novel by Arezki Mellal (who also co-writes the script), the 59-mm film recounts the terror and violent extremism during the black decade of 1990s, through the story of Noureddine and Yasmina.
“Let Them Come,” third film of the Algerian director, also participated in 2015 in the International Film Festival of Dubai, where he got the Special Jury Prize.
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum