APS : Sunday, 06 May 2018
ALGIERS- A collective book entitled “Foundations of Peace Culture, Gender equality and World Citizenship,” has just been published by the Algeria National Commission for Education,
Science and Culture, in partnership with UNESCO Chair Emir Abdelkader for human rights and culture of peace.
The book led by Issam Toualbi-Thaâlibi, director of UNESCO Chair Emir Abdelkader for human rights and culture of peace –Algiers I University, is published on the occasion of the proclamation of International Day of Living Together in Peace.
At the initiative of Algeria, the UN General Assembly has unanimously adopted a resolution on December 8, proclaiming May 16th as the International Day of Living Together in Peace.
The Algerian approach is part of efforts to promote the values of the culture of peace and reconciliation at the international level, has been supported by more than a hundred Member States of the UN. It also aims at regularly harnessing international efforts for peace, tolerance, inclusion, understanding and fraternity.
A dozen authors have contributed to the writing of this 180-page book (www.unesco.dz), presented in three chapters, on “Islam and the notion of Gender Equality”, the “Heritage in the service of living together”, and “Education, Law and Living Together”.
- (Français) Poste et Télécommunications : une application mobile sur la bataille d’Alger
- (Français) Révision Annuelle de la Liste Electorale
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, as President Tebboune’s special envoy
- AU Extraordinary Summit: Algeria affirms its support for industrialization in Africa
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization