APS : Wednesday, 12 October 2016
LOS ANGELES- Eighty-five countries, including Algeria, are competing for the Academy Award (Oscar) for Best Foreign Language Film.
Algeria is represented byLotfi Bouchouchi’s “Le Puits” (The Well), a 90-mn feature film relates the story of a village in southern Algeria during the colonial period, and how its inhabitant, particularly women and children were besieged by the French Army and deprived from drinking water.
The film won several awards, including the prize for best feature film at the 9thMuscat International Film Festival in the Sultanate of Oman, and four prizes at the 31stAlexandria Film Festival for Mediterranean Countries in Egypt, as well as the Grand Prize at the 5thMaghreb Film Festival of Oujda in Morocco, and recently the prize for best film director at the 9thInternational Film Festival of Oran, Algeria
- (Français) Forum sur la contribution de la Femme Algérienne dans le développement de l’économie
- Commemorating National Migration Day
- Benabderrahmane receives Saudi Foreign Minister in Belgrade
- Algeria’s tree in Belgrade: Tribute to Algiers’ role in supporting NAM
- Serbian president highlights Algeria’s historical role in NAM’s creation