APS : Wednesday, 12 October 2016
LOS ANGELES- Eighty-five countries, including Algeria, are competing for the Academy Award (Oscar) for Best Foreign Language Film.
Algeria is represented byLotfi Bouchouchi’s “Le Puits” (The Well), a 90-mn feature film relates the story of a village in southern Algeria during the colonial period, and how its inhabitant, particularly women and children were besieged by the French Army and deprived from drinking water.
The film won several awards, including the prize for best feature film at the 9thMuscat International Film Festival in the Sultanate of Oman, and four prizes at the 31stAlexandria Film Festival for Mediterranean Countries in Egypt, as well as the Grand Prize at the 5thMaghreb Film Festival of Oujda in Morocco, and recently the prize for best film director at the 9thInternational Film Festival of Oran, Algeria
- President Tebboune sends message to Emir of State of Kuwait
- President of Republic sends message to Custodian of Two Holy Places of Islam
- Algeria expresses solidarity with Chad following serious road accident
- Algeria-Mauritania: 1st Joint Security Committee in Nouakchott
- (Français) Lamamra reçoit le président l’Assemblée nationale palestinienne