APS : Sunday, 06 November 2016
ALGIERS – The festivities celebrating the one hundredth anniversary of writer Mouloud Mammeri’s birth (1917-1989) will take place over 4 or five months in 2017 throughout the national territory with a number of scientific and cultural events, said Saturday the High Commission for Tamazight (HCA).
The HCA General Secretary Si El Hachemi Assad announced “a committee of coordination composed of scientific and cultural figures will be installed on 17 December to consider the themes and the contents of the activities of the one hundredth anniversary celebration.”
He added that “this important anniversary will be under the patronage of President of the Republic, Abdelaziz Bouteflika since it represents a major event for Algeria.”
Mouloud Mammeri is a leading Berber novelist. He wrote many novels, including the Opium and the Stick, The Forgotten Hill, The sleep of the just. He has also written plays, collections of old poems and tales.
- (Français) commémoration de la ” Journée Nationale du Moudjahid ”
- President Tebboune, Italian Prime Minister hold phone conversation
- President Tebboune receives Mauritanian Minister of Foreign Affairs
- President Tebboune receives Nigerian Petroleum Resources minister, Niger’s Energy minister
- Lamamra received by Syrian president