Nuclear disarmament: Algeria member of UN expert group on elaboration of draft international treaty
APS : Tuesday, 14 March 2017
NEW YORK- Algeria has become a member of a United Nations high-level expert group on the elaboration of a draft international treaty aimed at banning the production of fissile materials for the manufacturing of nuclear weapons,
said Tuesday Algeria’s diplomatic representation to the United Nations.
The group of experts, established by the resolution 71/259 of the United Nations General Assembly, is made up of 25 countries, chosen by UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres on the basis of the commitment and contribution of these countries to the international efforts for disarmament and nuclear non-proliferation.
The high-level group will also be responsible for preparing the future international negotiations to ban the production of fissile materials, such as uranium and plutonium, for the manufacturing of nuclear weapons, said the source.
Algeria, which gives the greatest importance to the issues of disarmament and non-proliferation, has always supported the international efforts aimed at totally banning and eliminating nuclear weapons.
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (Français) Le ministre de l’Intérieur Ivan Demerdjiev a tenu une réunion de travail avec S.E. Mme Baya Bensmail, Ambassadeure d’Algérie en Bulgarie
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée