APS : Tuesday, 14 March 2017
ALGIERS- the president of the Algerian-French Parliamentary Friendship Group of the French Senate Alain Nerihighlighted Monday, in Algiers, the need to strengthen the presence of Algerian and French cultures in both countries.
In a statement to the press at the end of a meeting with the minister of Culture Azzedine Mihoubi at the headquarters of the ministry, Alain Neri said that “this meeting will allow us to work together to strengthen the presence of Algerian and French cultures in both countries.”
After highlighting the importance of culture in the strengthening and deepening of relations between the two peoples, the French parliamentary said that his group’s role today is to defend, more than ever, culture and freedom of expression, particularly in this situation marked by the rise of the extreme right-wing though in France, adding that culture has always been the first victim of the enemies of freedom.”
He underlined the need to spread Algerian culture in the world and particularly in France, while noting the support of the Algeria-France Parliamentary Friendship group to this goal.
For his part, the minister of Culture Azzedine Mihoubi said that the meeting was fruitful for the two parties and allowed reviewing many aspects of the Algerian-French cultural relations.
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée
- Fire at fuel depot in Jakarta: Algeria offers condolences to Republic of Indonesia
- Algeria calls on NAM states to step up efforts to enshrine its founding principles