APS : Sunday, 11 September 2016
ALGIERS- Documentary film “Contre-pouvoirs” (Checks and Balances) by Algerian filmmaker Malek Bensmail will be screened at the 11th Twin Cities Arab Film Festival, scheduled from 29 September to 2 October in Minnesota (north of USA), said the film’s producer.
Released in 2015, the film will be screened alongside other works from Egypt, Lebanon, Palestine, Iraq, Syria and Tunisia.
Coproduced by the Algerian company “Cirta films” and French “Zeugma film,” this documentary suggests a reflection on the job of journalists during the last presidential elections of 204.
The festival’s programme includes also the film “A peine j’ouvre les yeux” (I hardly open my eyes) by Tunisian filmmaker Leila Bouzid which will be screened at the opening of this edition.
“Checks and Balances” will also be screened at the 1st “Take One Action” Festival, to be held from 14 to 25 September at Edinburg and Glasgow (Scotland).
Screened in 2015 at the 13th Film Meetings of Bejaia, “Checks and Balances” has already participated in several film events in France, Switzerland, Italy and Morocco where it won an award at the International Film Festival of Tetouan.
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister
- Lamamra calls for strengthening Algeria’s role to achieve peace
- Lamamra, Jordanian counterpart hold phone conversation on situation in Arab region