APS : Wednesday, 14 September 2016
ALGIERS- Feature film “Le Puits” (The Well) by Algerian filmmaker Lotfi Bouchouchi will represent Algeria at the 89th Academy Awards (Oscars), said Wednesday in Algiers head of local committee of selection.
Holding a press conference at the Algerian Film Theatre, Mohamed Lakhdar-Hamina, Algerian filmmaker and only winner of the Palme d’Or of Cannes Film Festival in 1975 said that the committee had taken into account the film parameters relating to production, acting and music, among others.
Made up of six members, including film critic Ahmed Bedjaoui and filmmaker Yazid Khodja, the committee, which has received also the film “La route d’Istanbul” (Road to Istanbul) by French-Algerian filmmaker Rachid Bouchareb, opted at the end for “The Well” because of its “originality” and its “sensivity” drawn from the Algerian experience.
Lotfi Bouchouchi’s first film, “The Well” was produced by the Algerian Cultural Influence Agency (AARC).
Released in 2015, this 90-minute film adopts a new vision of the history of the national liberation war and relates the throes of the French colonialism through the sufferings of the inhabitants of a village in the Algerian South.
- (Français) Poste et Télécommunications : une application mobile sur la bataille d’Alger
- (Français) Révision Annuelle de la Liste Electorale
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, as President Tebboune’s special envoy
- AU Extraordinary Summit: Algeria affirms its support for industrialization in Africa
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization