APS : THURSDAY 12 MARCH 2020
ALGIERS- The chairman of Libya’s High Council of State, Khaled al-Mishri, expressed Wednesday in Algiers “his gratitude and thanks” to Algeria for its unswerving fraternal positions on Libya crisis,” the Upper House said in a statement.
The acting speaker of the Council of the Nation (upper house of Parliament), Salah Goudjil received the head of the Libyan High Council of State, Khaled al-Mishri, as part of the “permanent consultations between Algeria and its Libyan brothers for an exchange of views on the ways and methods to speed up the restoration of security and peace in this sister country,” the statement said.
During the meeting, attended by a delegation of the Council of the Nation, the two sides discussed “the latest developments in Libya and their impact on the region.”
In the ginning of the discussions, Al-Mishri expressed “his gratitude and thanks to Algeria for its unwavering, fraternal positions on the Libya crisis,” reiterating his “confidence in the efforts of President of the Republic Abdelmadjid Tebboune to help the Libyan belligerents reach a consensus.”
President Teboune’s efforts, Al-Mishri, are aimed at reaching a consensus in Libya “resulting in a political solution to the crisis that guarantees unity of Libya and the Libyan people, without any foreign interference.”
- President Tebboune awards Medal of National Merit to Italian counterpart
- Algeria-Italy: Convergence of views on all issues of common interest
- Algerian-Italian relations “strong,” “strategic”
- Algeria, Italy sign three agreements in various fields
- Algeria-Italy: Tebboune-Mattarella discussions, extended to delegations of both countries