APS : Friday, 13 October 2017
DOHA- Three Algerian writers and novelists won prizes in different categories of Katara Prize for Arabic Novel 2017.
The prizes were awarded during a ceremony at the Katara Cultural Village in Doha on Thursday.
In the Published Novels category, Algerian writer and journalist Said Khatibi received a prize for his novel titled “Forty Years Awaiting Isabel,” while the novelist Abdelwahab Aissaoui won a prize in the Unpublished Novels section for his novel “Safar Amal Al-Manseyen”.
In the category Research-Literary Criticism, Bachir Dhifallah received a prize for his review on “Studies on Arab novel.”
This year’s edition has received 1,144 entries, including 550 submissions in the category of unpublished novels, 472 in published novels, 38 in unpublished research studies and 84 in the unpublished novels by young adults.
- (Français) Décès de Abdallah Lahbib Bilal: Tebboune présente ses condoléances à son homologue sahraoui
- President Tebboune, Kais Saied hold phone talks
- Ramatane Lamamra received by Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
- (Français) Les perspectives de renforcer les relations algéro-égyptiennes évoquées
- Lamamra arrives in Cairo as special envoy of President Tebboune