APS : Thursday, 20 October 2016
ALGIERS- The sixth International Storytelling Festival, to be held in October 22- 26 at the regional theatre October Theatre of Constantine (431-km east of Algiers), will open with “The Prince of Timbuktu,” a tell-tale and ethnic music show conceived by Algerian storyteller Sihem Kennouche.
The show, a tale telling the story of a prince from Timbuktu, is an extraordinary journey performed with the support of traditional songs.
Sihem Kennouche, who is also the author of “Semaa Enda,” a show emphasizing ancient poetry of the Maghreb featuring poets from different parts of the region’s countries, uses in the Prince of Timbuktu a music genre created by an ancient black community using different instruments like tambours, gumbri and kerkabu.
Organized by “Ken Ya Ma Ken” (once upon a time) Association, the international cultural festival will feature, every evening from 19 o’clock, storytellers taking the audience in a trip to a world of fantasy, dream and wisdom.
- Lamamra, Jerandi discuss epidemiological situation in phone conversation
- Lamamra-Di Maio phone talks on key partnership-related events
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister