APS : Thursday, 01 February 2018
ORAN – The International Photography Festival in Oran, which opens on Thursday, is expected to attract world’s leading photographers, the world-renowned Iranian photographer Reza Deghati said Wednesday.
During a press conference, he said that “this event will be an opportunity to discover Oran and Algeria as a whole, without the clichés”, emphasizing that Oran has all the assets to successfully host an international photo festival.
“I have already visited Algeria, with (writer) Yasmina Khadra as part of a joint project and I realized that some aspects of Algeria are not well known in Europe,” he said, adding that this experience “has been very rewarding” for him at the personal and the professional levels.
The 6th Oran Photography Festival will open Thursday, with 16 simultaneous exhibitions that will take place in several places of the city, notably the “Ahmed Zabana” National Museum, the headquarters of the Civ-îil association, and other spaces such as private schools, cafeterias and restaurants known to the public, detailed President of “Iso Club”, Fayçal Razkallah.
Three-day festival will see the participation of forty professionals from Algeria, France and Nigeria, alongside Reza Deghati.
In addition to foreign participants, several Algerian exhibitors from Oran, Tlemcen, Algiers, Blida, Bejaia, Djelfa, Ouargla and Laghouat will participate in this festival.
- (Français) Révision Annuelle de la Liste Electorale
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, as President Tebboune’s special envoy
- AU Extraordinary Summit: Algeria affirms its support for industrialization in Africa
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization
- Algeria vigorously condemns terrorist attack on Chad security forces