APS : Monday, 28 January 2019
SETIF (Algeria)- The art of Samaa soufi is a kind of a “repose of the soul” and must necessarily shift from narrow circles to larger audiences, said Sunday Driss Boudiba,
the manager of the International Festival of Samaa Sufi, held (January 27 – 30) at the Houari Boumediene community art centre in Setif (300-km east of Algiers).
The event’s manager told APS, on the opening day of the seventh edition of the festival, that “the art is distinguished in Algeria by a restricted audience,” like zawiyas and some clubs.
Boudiba stressed the need to shift from small groups to larger audiences, as the art provides a feeling of well-being in a spiritual framework.
The manager of the festival added that the international event of Samaa Sufi is an “effective tool to spread this music to a larger audience with the use of new and contemporary instruments.”
The ultimate goal is to ensure this spiritual art is not limited to Muslims only, but (spread) to the whole humanity.”
- (Français) Décès de Abdallah Lahbib Bilal: Tebboune présente ses condoléances à son homologue sahraoui
- President Tebboune, Kais Saied hold phone talks
- Ramatane Lamamra received by Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
- (Français) Les perspectives de renforcer les relations algéro-égyptiennes évoquées
- Lamamra arrives in Cairo as special envoy of President Tebboune