APS : Wednesday, 07 September 2016
AMMAN-The Algerian law on the fight against human trafficking “is fully in line” with international standards, UN expert in laws on human trafficking Mohamed Yahia Matar affirmed Tuesday in Amman, highlighting “firm” fight against this scourge.
The Algerian law on the fight against human trafficking “is in line with international standards as it provides for a comprehensive definition of this scourge and defines its cases. Justice and civil society firmly combat it,” the expert told Aps on the sidelines of a regional training workshop on “The role of national and human rights institutions in the fight against human trafficking.”
The scourge has several forms although it is not widespread as far as begging and prostitution, has he said.
The speaker also highlighted the Algerian law as “it includes a significant chapter in its criminal code” on the fight against human trafficking.
- Celebration of National Remembrance Day – May 08, 1945
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart