APS : Wednesday, 23 March 2016
LUXOR (Egypt)- Algerian filmmaker Hassan Ferhani’s documentary “Fi Rassi Rond-Point” (Roundabout in My Head) has received the Best Artistic Achievement Award at the 5th Luxor African Film Festival in Egypt.
Made in 2015, Roundabout in My Head (101 minutes) relates the daily life of workers in the slaughterhouses of Algiers.
Since its release, the documentary has been winning more and more awards at festivals in Algeria and abroad, such as the International Documentary Festival of Marseille, in France, Carthage Film festival, in Tunisia, and Algiers International Film Festival, in which it snatched the first awards.
More recently, Farhani’s production won the first prize at Poitiers Film Festival, in France, last January.
In addition to Hassan Ferhani’s Roundabout in My Head, thirteen other documentaries have been competing at Luxor African Film Festival, to wrap up Wednesday.
- Celebration of National Remembrance Day – May 08, 1945
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart