ALGIERS- The fiction feature film “Good luck Algeria” from director Farid Bentoumi was selected to officially compete in the 20th African Film Festival of Khouribga in Morocco, scheduled from 9 to 16 September, said organizers.
Released in 2016, “Good Luck Algeria” tells the story of a French-Algerian who miraculously qualified for the Winter Olympic Games under the Algerian flag without having neither the athletic potential nor the necessary coaching or even the Algerian passport.
The movie won in 2016, the Special Jury Prize of the 32nd Mediterranean Film Festival of Alexandria (Egypt) as well as the People’s Choice Award at the Arab Film Festival of Fameck (France).
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister
- Lamamra calls for strengthening Algeria’s role to achieve peace
- Lamamra, Jordanian counterpart hold phone conversation on situation in Arab region