APS : Monday, 16 May 2016
ALGIERS- Romani Hip Hop group “Gipsy.CZ” hosted Sunday evening, in Algiers, an authentic and modern concert
in a mix of styles where polka, dance, rap and hip hop rhythms, subject to digital technology, mixed with gypsy tones and tunes given by the accordion and the violin.
Representing the Czech Republic as part of the 17th European Cultural Festival in Algeria, which opened on 9 May, the Gipsy.CZ, who is in Algiers for the second time performed at the Ibn Zeydoun Hall, in Riad Al Fath (Oref) in front of an enthusiastic audience.
In a festive atmosphere, the group performed about fifteen pieces in Czech by the singer, also at the control of a programmable rhythm box, Radek Banga, from the “Roma” (a nomadic ethnic group living mostly in Europe and the Americas, originating from northern regions of the Indian subcontinent).
Speaking to the public in English, the group’s performer, also author and composer, presented each piece before singing it in short explanations.
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya
- Mr. Attaf received by President of the Republic of Sierra Leone in Equatorial Guinea
- Minister ATTAF holds talks with his counterpart from the Republic of Equatorial Guinea
- Mr. Attaf receives phone call from Tunisian, and Mauritanian counterparts and meets Libya’s FM in Equatorial Guinea
- Mr Attaf holds talks with his Congolese counterpart in Equatorial Guinea