APS : Sunday, 26 March 2017
PARIS-Forty publishing houses exhibit nearly 700 books at the Paris book Fair, the largest event devoted to books in France.
This year, Algeria’s participation is significant as 42 publishing houses exhibit their novelties in literature, novels, essays, history, short stories and legacy, manager of Algeria stand Mohamed Iguerb told APS.
Iguerb announced an animation program and the presence of forty authors for signing sessions.
“We were forced to start signing sessions at 11:00 a.m. as we have 10 authors each day,” he stated. Algeria’s stand, which stretches over 64 m², is well arranged and located just in front of the entrance.
“The participation of Algerian publishers focus on literature, legacy and art books,” he stressed, saying “the price of books in Algerian dinar was converted to euros.”
“We are here to promote Algerian publishing houses and our participation has no commercial goal,” said Mohamed Iguerb, highlighting the importance “of the ministry of Culture’s support.”
The novelists who will host signing at Algeria’s stand include Mohamed Ghafir alias Moh Clichy, Waciny Laredj, Amar Belhimer, Abdelkrim Tazarout, Mouloud Achour, Armand Vial and André Paul Weber.
- Lamamra, Jerandi discuss epidemiological situation in phone conversation
- Lamamra-Di Maio phone talks on key partnership-related events
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister