APS : Tuesday, 17 January 2017
ALGIERS- The 1st Al-Andalus Festival will open Saturday in Montpellier (South of France) with the participation of Algerian and French Andalusian music associations, said the event’s organizers.
Lasting two days, the festival, the first of its kind in France, will be livened up by Lila Borsali, Andalusian music associations, namely “Les airs andalous” of Paris, “Nassim El Afrah” and “Nassim El Andalous” of Oran, as well as the French ensembles “Récits d’Ailleurs” and “Neenboo.”
Amine Tilioua, an Algerian teacher of Andalusian music in the Conservatoire of Toulouse (South of France) will give a conference on “the Arab-Andalusian music,” and lead with his compatriot Rabie Houti, a former member of Nassim El Andalous, an introduction workshop to the Andalusian music.
The festival aims at promoting the Andalusian music which is a common heritage in the Maghreb countries.
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister
- Lamamra calls for strengthening Algeria’s role to achieve peace
- Lamamra, Jordanian counterpart hold phone conversation on situation in Arab region