APS : Thursday, 28 July 2016
ORAN (Algeria)- International Arab Film Festival of Oran (FIOFA) on Wednesday awarded a shield to President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika in recognition of his sponsoring of culture and creativity.
The shield was awarded on behalf of the Arab artists, in the beginning of the festival’s closing ceremony.
It was handed over by the head of Alexandria Film festival, Amir Abada, to Mohamed Salah Hakka, the secretary general of the Order of Merit Council at the presidency of the Republic.
In an address, Amir Abadha said the tribute was a gesture of recognition to the man (President Bouteflika) who devoted an Article in the Constitution to culture and creativity.
The closing ceremony of the ninth Arab Film Festival of Oran was attended by officials from departments managing culture in Algeria and a number of Algerian and Arab artists and filmmakers.
- Lamamra, Jerandi discuss epidemiological situation in phone conversation
- Lamamra-Di Maio phone talks on key partnership-related events
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister