APS : THURSDAY 25 JANUARY 2018
ALGIERS – Minister of Culture Azzedine Mihoubi and his Egyptian counterpart Enas Abdel Dayem will co-chair on Saturday the opening of the 49th Cairo International Book Fair,
which Algeria is the guest of honour, said the ministry in a communiqué.
At the opening ceremony, Mihoubi will present a communication on the Algerian-Egyptian relations. The 49th Cairo International Book Fair which will last until February 10th will see the participation of Algerian literary and cultural figures, namely novelist Waciny Laredj who will give a lecture on the cultural diversity and director Ahmed Rachedi who will host a conference on the Algerian cinema.
Algeria participates with 70 publishing houses, including 25 in the Culture Ministry’s official pavilion, 11 ones representing the Algerian publishers union and 31 others from the National Organization of Book Publishing Houses.
On that occasion, Algeria will pay tribute to famous cultural figures, artists and men of letter in recognition of their role in the reinforcement of the Algerian-Egyptian Cultural Cooperation.
Egypt has been the guest of honour of the 21st International Book Fair of Algiers in 2016 (27 October-5 November).
- Celebration of National Remembrance Day – May 08, 1945
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart