APS : Sunday, 11 February 2018
LONDON-British festival “Mawaqif” on Saturday devoted a special edition to Algeria with a varied cultural and artistic programme that attracted members of the Algerian community and audience from London.
A variety of spectacles is scheduled at Rich Mix art venue to showcase the Algerian identity through pictures, cinema, theatre, design and music.
The event aims to present the various aspects of the Algerian culture “very little known” and “largely underrepresented” in cultural events in the United Kingdom, festival founder Rachida Lamri told APS.
Moreover, the festival intends to “explore and showcase the African dimension of the Algerian culture.”
In parallel with the screening of short and feature films in the presence of their directors and music shows, a photo and design exhibition and many thematic workshops took place part of “Mawaqif” festival.
The workshops focused on the impact of climate change in Algeria, women’s situation in the country and how Algeria is represented in British and Anglo-Saxon media.
- (العربية) 5 جويلية الذكرى الستون لعيد الإستقلال تاريخ مجيد و عهد جديد
- President Tebboune kicks off Mediterranean Games 2022 in Oran
- Lamamra receives UNWTO Secretary General
- President Tebboune holds one-on-one meeting with Emir of the State of Qatar
- MG Oran 2022: Turkish Vice-President Fuat Oktay in Oran to attend opening ceremony