APS : Sunday, 11 February 2018
LONDON-British festival “Mawaqif” on Saturday devoted a special edition to Algeria with a varied cultural and artistic programme that attracted members of the Algerian community and audience from London.
A variety of spectacles is scheduled at Rich Mix art venue to showcase the Algerian identity through pictures, cinema, theatre, design and music.
The event aims to present the various aspects of the Algerian culture “very little known” and “largely underrepresented” in cultural events in the United Kingdom, festival founder Rachida Lamri told APS.
Moreover, the festival intends to “explore and showcase the African dimension of the Algerian culture.”
In parallel with the screening of short and feature films in the presence of their directors and music shows, a photo and design exhibition and many thematic workshops took place part of “Mawaqif” festival.
The workshops focused on the impact of climate change in Algeria, women’s situation in the country and how Algeria is represented in British and Anglo-Saxon media.
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart
- (العربية) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار