APS : Wednesday, 14 September 2016
ALGIERS- The city of Algiers is to hold a cultural week in Milan, Italy, from 20 to 23 September, to shed light on the various Algiers’ local arts, including Andalusian music, customs, traditional costumes and the capital’s culinary arts, Abdelmalek Zidi, an inspector at Algiers’ provincial administration has said.
The event comes as a result of the cooperation agreement signed in October 2015, between the cities of Algiers and Milan, Zidi told APS on Wednesday.
Algerian Agency for Cultural Influence (AARC) is preparing the implementation of the event’s programme, he added.
Many exhibitions are scheduled as part of the event, including ceramic items made by Algerian artistes, books, pictures and paintings about the city of Algiers.
The programme also includes papers on the Algerian capital and the screening of the documentary “Algeria from the Sky,” dubbed in Italian language.
- Algeria: Security Council must adopt “firm position” to end occupation in Palestine
- Boukadoum takes part in OIC ministerial meeting on Palestine
- Occupied al Quds: Algeria leads Arab efforts to convene Security Council emergency meeting
- President Tebboune holds phone conversation with Tunisian counterpart
- President Tebboune receives phone call from Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan