APS : Tuesday, 23 February 2016
MADRID-Algerian artist Saliha Khelifi exhibits from Monday thirty paintings of “fire calligraphy” in the Municipal Library of the town of Alcalá de Henares in Madrid.
The exhibition, jointly organized by the Embassy of Algeria in Spain and the city of Alcalá de Henares, will run until February 27.
Aged 64 years old, the artist born was born in Bejaia and managed to create her own calligraphy. She calls it “fire calligraphy”.
This technique consists of “a mixture of Arabic letters and Latin characters that end with flames symbolizing all human suffering on a universal scale such as war, famine, poverty, environmental disasters in addition to the disease of the century,” she told APS.
Saliha Khelifi, who made so far 1200 paintings, said she drew these works to “revive the beautiful human values such as peace, freedom, constructive dialogue, forgiveness, love and hope, which are the pillar of all civilizations. ”
The drawings presented to the Spanish public that are clearly dominated by the colors green, blue and pink, symbolize serenity, peace, hope and each carry a title of universal human values such as tenderness, work, generosity, justice, freedom and others that the artist wanted to accompany with wise words, born of her own imagination.
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie
- President Tebboune: Algeria intends to strengthen its strategic partnership with Italy