APS : Monday, 14 March 2016
ALGIERS- Algeria will host, on January 2017, the ninth Arab Theatre Festival,
an annual touring event organized by the Arab Theatre Institute based in the United Arab Emirates, the ministry of Culture said Sunday.
The preparation for this major Arab theatre event will begin “before the end of March,” an executive at the Arab institute said in an interview with Algerian Arab newspaper Al-Hayat Al Arabia.
An agreement was signed in January between the Emirates’ institute and the National Office for Culture and Information during the last edition of the festival held in Kuwait, Ghennam Saber Ghennam noted.
Created in 2009, the Arab Theatre Festival brings together some 400 men and women of theatre every year.
The participants compete for Al-Kacimi Award (AED100,000 or USD27,000) awarding the best play.
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum