APS : Monday, 14 March 2016
ALGIERS- Algeria will host, on January 2017, the ninth Arab Theatre Festival,
an annual touring event organized by the Arab Theatre Institute based in the United Arab Emirates, the ministry of Culture said Sunday.
The preparation for this major Arab theatre event will begin “before the end of March,” an executive at the Arab institute said in an interview with Algerian Arab newspaper Al-Hayat Al Arabia.
An agreement was signed in January between the Emirates’ institute and the National Office for Culture and Information during the last edition of the festival held in Kuwait, Ghennam Saber Ghennam noted.
Created in 2009, the Arab Theatre Festival brings together some 400 men and women of theatre every year.
The participants compete for Al-Kacimi Award (AED100,000 or USD27,000) awarding the best play.
- Algeria: Security Council must adopt “firm position” to end occupation in Palestine
- Boukadoum takes part in OIC ministerial meeting on Palestine
- Occupied al Quds: Algeria leads Arab efforts to convene Security Council emergency meeting
- President Tebboune holds phone conversation with Tunisian counterpart
- President Tebboune receives phone call from Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan