APS : Tuesday, 27 February 2018
ALGIERS-A study day on the Algerian cultural heritage took place Monday in Algiers with the participation of experts from Italia and Algeria.
Themed “Heritage and promotion,” the event aims to present cooperation “prospects” between Algeria and Italy in the restoration and conservation of Algerian heritage including Roman ruins and archaeological sites.
On this occasion, Culture Minister Azzedine Mihoubi said this meeting was “the fruit of a continuous cooperation and exchange of expertise between Algeria and Italy.”
“Algeria banks on Italy’s experience in land register of archeologically sites,” said Mihoubi.
The minister also called on Italian experts to “broaden” the field of archeological research and excavations with Algerians given the large number of Roman ruins the country has.”
For his part, Director of the National Centre for Research in Archeology (CNRA) Toufik Hemmoum said that this meeting aimed at “assessing the joint work between Algeria and Italy in the field of restoration of cultural heritage and training”
“It also constitutes a roadmap for future projects” in the field, he continued.
Italy’s ambassador to Algeria Pasqual Ferrara said the study day “is not just about preserving and restoring Algerian archaeological sites but also about preparing a generation to value these sites through projects and research.”
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (Français) Le ministre de l’Intérieur Ivan Demerdjiev a tenu une réunion de travail avec S.E. Mme Baya Bensmail, Ambassadeure d’Algérie en Bulgarie
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée