APS : Tuesday, 19 April 2016
ALGIERS- The chairman of the Constitutional Council (CC), Mourad Medelci on Tuesday stressed the importance of exchanging experiences, with the State of Indonesia, in CC’s management, especially after the latest, “significant” amendments to the Constitution.
“Good implementation of the new articles introduced through the latest constitutional revision requires that we look for the experiences of other countries in the management in Constitutional Councils, including Indonesia’s, mainly in relation to people’s referral to the CC,” Medelci told reporters following an audience granted to the head of Indonesia’s Constitutional Council, Arief Hidayat.
Exchange of experiences with the Republic of Indonesia, according to Medelci, is part of the “good implementation” of the Constitution’s new articles.
Medelci recalled that his trip to Jakarta in 2014 allowed him to enquire about Indonesia’s experience, dubbing it a “pioneer” in referral to the Constitutional Council.
Hidayat, also chairman of the Association of Constitutional Courts and Similar Bodies in Asia, said his visit to Algeria is meant to “pursue the implementation of the cooperation agreement, the two countries signed during Medelci’s visit to Jakarta last year.
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée
- Fire at fuel depot in Jakarta: Algeria offers condolences to Republic of Indonesia