APS : Sunday, 01 April 2018
ALGIERS-The 6th international photo exhibition “A picture, a woman” inaugurated Sunday at Baya art gallery (Palace of Culture Moufdi Zakaria).
Present in the opening ceremony, Culture Minister Azzedine Mihoubi underlined youth’s growing interest in photography and emphasized the importance of such exhibitions to encourage young talents and give them the opportunity to present their works.
As for the exhibition theme, the minister said it valued women and reflected youth’s commitment to their heritage and the preservation of the national memory.
Held by “Focus” cultural association, the exhibition runs until 4 April and includes the works of 43 Algerian and foreign photographers, representing portraits of women and scenes from their daily lives.
The exhibited photos focus on women’s hopes and concerns as well as their commitment to the national heritage. It also includes photos of traditional clothes from various regions in the country.
In addition to Algiers, the exhibition is due to take place in the provinces of Bejaia, Setif and Tlemcen.
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum