APS : Sunday, 01 April 2018
ALGIERS-The 6th international photo exhibition “A picture, a woman” inaugurated Sunday at Baya art gallery (Palace of Culture Moufdi Zakaria).
Present in the opening ceremony, Culture Minister Azzedine Mihoubi underlined youth’s growing interest in photography and emphasized the importance of such exhibitions to encourage young talents and give them the opportunity to present their works.
As for the exhibition theme, the minister said it valued women and reflected youth’s commitment to their heritage and the preservation of the national memory.
Held by “Focus” cultural association, the exhibition runs until 4 April and includes the works of 43 Algerian and foreign photographers, representing portraits of women and scenes from their daily lives.
The exhibited photos focus on women’s hopes and concerns as well as their commitment to the national heritage. It also includes photos of traditional clothes from various regions in the country.
In addition to Algiers, the exhibition is due to take place in the provinces of Bejaia, Setif and Tlemcen.
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie
- President Tebboune: Algeria intends to strengthen its strategic partnership with Italy