APS : Tuesday, 27 September 2016
BORDEAUX (France)- Algerian movies will be at the spotlight at the fifth Independent Film Festival of Bordeaux (Fifib-France), to be held in October (13-19), the event’s organizers said.
A section entitled “focus on young Algerian cinema” will show, off competition, many movies, including fiction short “Kindil El Bahr” (2016), Damien Ounouri.
The section will also screened documentaries “Roundabout in my Head” (2015), by Hassen Ferhani and “Samir in the Dust” (2015), by Mohamed Ouzine.
About twenty productions (short and feature films) from France, Brazil and Portugal, among others, are to take part in the festival’s competition section.
A panel of judges made up of film industry professionals will award six awards, including the “Aquitaine Film Workout”.
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, Kais Saied
- Chairman of Libya’s Presidential Council on official visit to Algeria Wednesday
- Hood: Algeria-US views on Libya crisis resolution convergent
- Biden administration seeks to cooperate with Algeria “on common goals,” says Hood
- President Tebboune receives phone call from Tunisian counterpart