APS : Wednesday, 08 February 2017
ALGIERS-Minister of Culture Azzedine Mihoubi will partake in the first meeting the Culture ministers of the members countries of 5+5 Dialogue (Western Mediterranean) to take place Friday in Tunis, announced the ministry in a communiqué.
This first consultation meeting will be devoted to “the means to strengthen cultural cooperation” and will be themed “Culture in the service of bringing people closer and development,” said the communiqué.
Many issues relating to heritage will be discussed by participants including “safeguarding” and “enhancing” the tangible and intangible cultural heritage of members countries, as well as “the preservation of manuscripts.”
The agenda of this meeting also includes cooperation in cultural and reactive industries, the book, support to young talents and participation in the festivals and meetings held in member countries.
The meeting also aims to bring peoples and cultures of the two shores of the Western Mediterranean, and strengthen exchanges.
This first Culture ministers meeting was adopted in the last meeting of the Foreign Affairs Ministers of the 5+5 Dialogue held in October in Marseille (France) under the co-chairmanship of Algeria and France.
- Algeria: Security Council must adopt “firm position” to end occupation in Palestine
- Boukadoum takes part in OIC ministerial meeting on Palestine
- Occupied al Quds: Algeria leads Arab efforts to convene Security Council emergency meeting
- President Tebboune holds phone conversation with Tunisian counterpart
- President Tebboune receives phone call from Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan