APS : Tuesday, 29 November 2016
PARIS- Up to 17 films, fictions and documentaries about Algeria will be screened during the 9th Algerian Film Panorama, to be held from December 2 to 7 in the region of Nimes, Director of the event Jean Asselmeyer told APS on Tuesday.
Organized by the French -Algerian friendship association “France-El Djazaïr” and sponsored by the Departmental Council of Gard (Occitania), the 9th Panorama will take place this year in Alès, Aigues-Mortes, Saint Martin de Valgalgues and Nîmes
The opening evening which will take place next Saturday in the Auditorium of the Gard Departmental Council will see the staging of a painting exhibition entitled “Masked Mouths” by artist Moho Drissi, accompanied by texts of Jean-Michel Bourdoiseau. Drissi works are portraits of Algerian soldiers during the World War I.
The 17 films to be projected deal with “topics like terrorism, Algerian presidential elections, freedom of the press, the situation of women, cultural landscape, theater and plastic art,” said the director of the Algerian cinema Panorama.
The “9th edition will alos pay tribute to the Algerian famous writer Kateb Yacine, author of one of the greatest novel of contemporary literature ‘Nedjma’, through a film by Ali Fateh Ayadi entitled ‘The man of certainties, poet of the oppressed’ and a reading of texts of the writer by Comedian Sabrina Lorre,” he announced.
- (Français) Poste et Télécommunications : une application mobile sur la bataille d’Alger
- (Français) Révision Annuelle de la Liste Electorale
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, as President Tebboune’s special envoy
- AU Extraordinary Summit: Algeria affirms its support for industrialization in Africa
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization