APS : TUESDAY 19 SEPTEMBER 2017
ALGIERS – Artists coming from 17 countries partake in the 10th International Festival of Comic Strip of Algiers (FIBDA), from 3 to 7 October.
France will be the guest of honor of this edition which will celebrate the 10th anniversary of the festival.
Under the theme of “Ten years on, the Festival continues,” the 10th FIBDA will have include activities spread over five days at the Riadh El Feth Esplanade and the Moufdi Zakaria Culture Palace in Algiers.
France, guest of honor, will be through a number of its best authors which will display their best creations and best comics.
The 10th FIBDA will see the participation of Canada, Madagascar, Spain, the United States, Cameroon, Egypt, Lebanon, Morocco and Tunisia.
The Festival schedule includes exhibitions, workshops, contests and screenings of animation films.
Several renowned authors are planned to host news conferences, like Jacques Ferrandez who will present “Le roman soluble dans la BD” (soluble novel by comic strips) on Albert Camus’s work, “Le premier homme” (the first man).
- Algeria willing to support Libya in resolving some issues, says President Tebboune
- Lamamra starts working visit to Ethiopia
- President Tebboune grants audience to President of Libya’s Presidential Council
- Lamamra received by President Sahle-Work Zewde of Ethiopia
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, Kais Saied