APS : Sunday, 23 September 2018
ALGIERS- Comic strip artists from 17 countries will participate in the 11th International Festival of Comic Strip of Algiers (Fibda), which will take place on 2-6 October.
Canada will be the guest of honor, announced Sunday in Algiers the organizers.
Besides Canada, which participates with 8 artists, Belgium, Spain, the United States of America, Togo, Egypt, Lebanon, Tunisia and for the first time- Sweden and Colombia, will participate in this 11th Fibda.
The visitors will have the opportunity to discover the creations of renowned cartoonists such as Julie Rochereau, Jean Paul Eid and Guy Delisle (Canada), Antonio Altarriba Ordonez (Spain) alongside Algerian comic artists such as Nawel Ouaret and French Philippe Brocard, who is also curator of the Lyon Comic Strip Festival (France).
Round tables and lectures on the history and professions of Comics will be organized as part of the 11th Fibda. Workshops for beginners and competitions for masters will also be part of the Festival, sponsored by foreign financial institutions and cultural institutes, accredited in Algeria.
- (Français) Révision Annuelle de la Liste Electorale
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, as President Tebboune’s special envoy
- AU Extraordinary Summit: Algeria affirms its support for industrialization in Africa
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization
- Algeria vigorously condemns terrorist attack on Chad security forces