APS : Sunday, 14 October 2018
ALGIERS- The 10th International Symphonic Music Festival, hosting Russia as a guest of honor, kicked off Saturday in Algiers with a performance presented by the Symphonic Orchestra of the Opera of Algiers,
conducted by the maestro Amine Kouider and deep voices of South African Thabang Senekal and Russian Irina Tiviane.
For its inaugural evening, the festival, to be held until October 19th at the Opera of Algiers Boualem-Bessaih, kicked off with the piece “Madiba,” performed by South African bass baritone Thabang Senekal with his strong voice, accompanied by the Orchestra of Algiers Opera, in tribute to former South African President Nelson Mandela, hero of the struggle against the apartheid, on the occasion of his birth’s centenary.
Irina Tiviane, dramatic soprano, presented through her smooth and crystal-clear voice some pieces written by famous Russian composers Ilitch Tchaïkovski and Vasily Solovyov, notably, before reproducing, in duet, with the South African bass baritone Thabang Senekal the genius work of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and Giuseppe Verdi.
This evening was marked by the presence of Ministers of Culture Azzedine Mihoubi, of Environment and Renewable energies Fatma Zohra Zerouati, of National Solidarity, Family and Women’s Affairs Ghania Eddalia, the Governor of Algiers Abdelkader Zoukh, representatives of different diplomatic missions accredited to Algiers and a large audience.
- Minister Attaf receives ANC Secretary General
- Denial by the general directorate of Communication, Information and Documentation-Mali
- Minister Attaf receives President of AfCHPR
- Holding of the 1st session of Algerian-Azerbaijani political consultations
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya