APS : Tuesday, 20 March 2018
ALGIERS-Algerian Naima Mahrez on Tuesday deservedly won the first prize of the global competition WSIS Project Prizes held by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
for her project “entitled African fiber optic Backbone Trans-Saharan (BTS)”, announced Algerie Telecom.
Senior executive at the trade department of Algerie Telecom, Naima Mahrez received the first prize of the prestigious global competition WSIS Project Prizes 2018 for her project “African fiber optic Backbone Trans-Saharan (BTS)” in the category of “International and regional Cooperation” for its impact on the community and its link with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) set in ITU’s action plan. .
Fifty countries and 2000 candidates took part in this competition held this year by the ITU under the World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS). Divided into various categories, the WSIS Project Prizes rewards the best projects in the field of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) and promotes the building of the Information Society.
The tribute to Naima Mahrez, honoured in a ceremony attended by ITU’s Secretary General Houlin Zhao, “reflects Algerie Telecom staff’s greats efforts for innovation and creativity in general, and the Algerian women’s efforts in the field of ICTs in particular,” concluded Algerie Telecom.
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée
- Fire at fuel depot in Jakarta: Algeria offers condolences to Republic of Indonesia