Workshop on fight against violent extremism: For development of media monitoring platform
APS : WEDNESDAY 21 FEBRUARY 2018
NIAMEY- The participants in the workshop on “Media contribution to the prevention and fight against violent extremism” called, on Wednesday in Niamey,for the development of a media monitoring platform by those in charge of the prevention and fight against terrorism in the Sahel region.
The platform should be developed by the focal points of these stakeholders and mechanisms in charge of the prevention and fight against radicalism and violent extremism in the Sahel-Sahara region, namely the Fusion and Liaison Unit (UFL) and the African Centre for Study and Research on Terrorism (ACSRT), recommended the participants.
They also called to continue the efforts to raise awareness, especially among underprivileged populations and increase capacities of journalists and communicators in the region, particularly in the field of fight against disinformation, radicalization and cyber terrorism.
They also insisted on the need to develop a guide of good practices for journalists and communicators, regarding security issues, like radicalism and violent extremism.
Initiated by UFL, with the participation of ACSRT and the Niger’s Ministry of Communication, the workshop has been held as part of the UFL’s strategic plan of action.
It has brought together journalists and communicators from Algeria, Burkina-Faso, Libya, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Chad, Cote d’Ivoire, Guinea and Senegal.
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée
- Fire at fuel depot in Jakarta: Algeria offers condolences to Republic of Indonesia
- Algeria calls on NAM states to step up efforts to enshrine its founding principles