APS : WEDNESDAY 21 FEBRUARY 2018
NIAMEY- The participants in the workshop on “Media contribution to the prevention and fight against violent extremism” called, on Wednesday in Niamey,for the development of a media monitoring platform by those in charge of the prevention and fight against terrorism in the Sahel region.
The platform should be developed by the focal points of these stakeholders and mechanisms in charge of the prevention and fight against radicalism and violent extremism in the Sahel-Sahara region, namely the Fusion and Liaison Unit (UFL) and the African Centre for Study and Research on Terrorism (ACSRT), recommended the participants.
They also called to continue the efforts to raise awareness, especially among underprivileged populations and increase capacities of journalists and communicators in the region, particularly in the field of fight against disinformation, radicalization and cyber terrorism.
They also insisted on the need to develop a guide of good practices for journalists and communicators, regarding security issues, like radicalism and violent extremism.
Initiated by UFL, with the participation of ACSRT and the Niger’s Ministry of Communication, the workshop has been held as part of the UFL’s strategic plan of action.
It has brought together journalists and communicators from Algeria, Burkina-Faso, Libya, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Chad, Cote d’Ivoire, Guinea and Senegal.
- (Français) Révision Annuelle de la Liste Electorale
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, as President Tebboune’s special envoy
- AU Extraordinary Summit: Algeria affirms its support for industrialization in Africa
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization
- Algeria vigorously condemns terrorist attack on Chad security forces