APS : Tuesday, 03 May 2016
ALGIERS- Women in Parliaments Global Forum (WIP), holding its annual summit, has bestowed its Special Award to Algerian Government.
The award will be handed over, on Wednesday, to Minister of National Solidarity, Family and Women’s Affairs Mounia Meslem.
Meslem has been designated by President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika to represent the Algerian Government in the awarding ceremony, to take place in Amman, Jordan.
Algeria has received the distinction in “recognition, by the WIP organizations, of the progress made by our country in promoting Algerian women’s role in political and economic fields,” the ministry of National Solidarity, Family and Women’s Affairs said in a statement.
Women in Parliaments Global Forum is holding its annual summit in the MENA (Middle East and North Africa) region for the first time ever.
- Lamamra partakes in 76th session of UN General Assembly
- President Tebboune receives Vice President of Libyan Presidential Council
- Lamamra, V. Muraleedharan discuss issues of common interest
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide