APS : Sunday, 01 May 2016
ORAN- President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika on Sunday has hailed the position of the General Union of Algerian Workers (UGTA) in favour of just causes around the world and the right of peoples to self-determination.
In a message marking the International Workers’ Day, read on his behalf by the adviser at the Presidency of the Republic, Mohamed Benamar Zerhouni, President Bouteflika underlined that the choice of the Central Union (UGTA) “to celebrate the Labour Day under the theme ‘Solidarity with Sahrawi People’ shows the clear commitment of your organization, like all Algerian people, to supporting just causes around the world, and to defending the principle of peoples’ rights to self-determination.”
“This decision shows the Central Union’s faithfulness to its founding principles and its history, as being one of the key players in the national liberation movement to regain Algeria’s independence and sovereignty,” said the Head of State.
“How could it not support this cause on such symbolic day and in the month when the Polisario Front was created as the legitimate representative of the Sahrawi people, who are still being denied their right to self-determination,” said the President of the Republic.
“This position, which does it credit, is backed by the United Nations, which has included Western Sahara in the list of non-self-governing territories since 1963,” added the Head of State.
- Minister Attaf receives ANC Secretary General
- Denial by the general directorate of Communication, Information and Documentation-Mali
- Minister Attaf receives President of AfCHPR
- Holding of the 1st session of Algerian-Azerbaijani political consultations
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya