APS : Sunday, 18 December 2016
ORAN (Algeria)- The Arab world is expecting a lot from Algeria’s chairmanship of the Arab League’s Foreign Ministers Council, scheduled as from March, said Sunday in Oran AL’s Deputy Secretary General Ahmed bin Heli.
“Everyone is waiting to see Algeria’s contribution during its chairmanship of the Arab Foreign Ministers Council, in view of its successful mediation and its adoption of the principle of dialogue and political solution in the resolution of conflicts,” Bin Heli said following his discussions with Minister of State, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation Ramtane Lamamra, on the sidelines of the second day of the 4th High-Level Seminar on Peace and Security in Africa.
“What we expect from Algeria is that it unifies Arab positions, strengthens the role of the Arab League and bridges points of view on the major issues of the Arab Nation, such as the situation in Syria and Libya,” he added.
Ahmed bin Heli also underlined the need to “draw on the long experience of President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika, who is considered as a reference in the Arab and African diplomacy.
“We have to draw on his wise vision to address and resolve crises,” he recommended.
- Celebration of National Remembrance Day – May 08, 1945
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart