APS : SUNDAY 07 FEBRUARY 2021
ALGIERS-Vice President of Switzerland, Head of the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs of Switzerland Ignazio Cassis is to visit Algeria on 7-9 February at the invitation of Foreign Minister Sabri Boukadoum,
announced the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in a communiqué.
This visit is part of the consolidation of cooperation ties between Algeria and Switzerland and is an important opportunity for both parties to express their political will to remove all obstacles and give new impetus to multifaceted bilateral partnership and cooperation, said the ministry.
This visit will be an opportunity for the two FMs to review the priority areas of bilateral cooperation and to consider the main upcoming events aimed at reviving the momentum of bilateral relations between the two countries, especially in the field of economy.
Current regional and international issues, particularly recent developments in Western Sahara and the situation in Libya and Mali, will be at the heart of the talks between the two FMs.
Cassis and the delegation accompanying him will hold meetings with other high-ranking political officials and will be received by Prime Minister Abdelaziz Djerad.
- (Français) Décès de Abdallah Lahbib Bilal: Tebboune présente ses condoléances à son homologue sahraoui
- President Tebboune, Kais Saied hold phone talks
- Ramatane Lamamra received by Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
- (Français) Les perspectives de renforcer les relations algéro-égyptiennes évoquées
- Lamamra arrives in Cairo as special envoy of President Tebboune